Social Distancing Participant Guidelines
Goal: To give you, the runners and walkers competing in our event, a competitive racing experience in compliance with all CDC social distancing and health safety guidelines.
Please keep in mind that your cooperation and adherence to all safe distancing practices is the key to us being able to offer competitive events like this in the foreseeable future.
- Participants are required to be completely self-sufficient.
- Participants must follow all CDC safe distancing guidelines.
- Participants must be in good health and symptom-free from any illness for at least 2 weeks prior to the event.
- Participants must register online in advance. No paper registration will be offered.
- Participants will sign up for a designated start time. There is a strict limit for each assigned start time that is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Start Times for the 2020 race will be starting at 9:00 am and have waves starting every 5 minutes.
- Pickup of your race bib, packet, and shirt prior to race day. Pickup will take place at DNA Active Outfitters, Downtown Plainfield during normal business hours starting Monday, September 21 for the entire week.
- Only Race Bibs can be picked up at the event for Race Day registrations. Packets and remaining shirts can be picked up afterward at DNA Active Outfitters
- Participants will not be allowed to congregate or conduct any race preparation (warm-ups, stretching, adjusting, or changing apparel, etc.) in the starting area. You should approach the starting line ready to run.
- Participants must remain socially distant from one another at the start line. Please line up on the markings provided.
- Participants will cross timing equipment at the start line. Once you cross the start line, your time will start.
- The start line closes at 10:00 am. Anyone not started by that time will not be permitted on course.
- Aid Station: A self-service water station will be available. However, consider running with the nutrition/water that you will need to successfully finish the event.
- Minimal volunteers or marshals will be on course. It is your responsibility to know the course and run it safely. Signs and ground markings will help guide the way
- Except for passing, participants should always remain on the far side of the course. Participants passing one another on the course must adhere to “no drafting” rules which include being no closer than 6 feet behind or in front of, or 6 feet beside other competitors at any time. Participants may pass only when there are not any oncoming runners approaching from the opposite direction. Before passing, participants must be sure they can safely remain 6 feet behind and then 6 feet in front of the participant being overtaken before merging back to the side of the pathway.
- Spectators, while not allowed at the start or finish lines, should social distance out on the course. This race features live online tracking of participants and sending cheers via the RaceJoy App. Participants running with phones can sign up and enable tracking on race day. Follow them from the comfort of your home and even send them a message while they are running.
- Upon completing their run and crossing the finish line, participants must continue moving towards the exit of the finish area. Participants will be required to leave the finish line area and proceed immediately to their vehicle or home as soon as they complete their race. No congregating of any type will be permitted before, during, or after the event.
- There will not be a finish line celebration, nor an awards ceremony.
- The results will not be posted on site.
- Participants who opted in during the registration process will receive a text message with their time shortly after crossing the finish line.
- There will be age group awards given out for the 2020 race shortly after the last wave is complete.
- Results will be updated throughout the day at www.ItsRaceTime.com